Monday, September 24, 2012

National Museum of the Marine Corps

"The Marines have landed and the situation is well in hand." -Richard Harding Davis


As most of you know I'm not exactly an "Ooh Rah" kind of Marine Corps wife but as Dusto walked me through the Making Marines exhibit my heart filled with pride for my husband.  Don't get me wrong I have always been proud of what he does but walking through the exhibits and and hearing him explain what he went through himself really put it into perspective for me.

After stopping to watch a video before entering the WWII exhibit an volunteer directed us to the next stop.  This volunteer was Frank Matthews (24th Marines, 4th Marine Division - Iwo Jima). He talked to   us about his first hand experiences.  Google him, you'll find some very informal insight!

Flags flown over Mt. Suribachi.  If you look to the far left you will see a scale of the two flags.

Thats right....legos!

No comments:

Post a Comment